Oman is present in the Arabian Peninsula. It is regarded as a trading hub and has a strategic importance as it is in a unique location. This is at the gate of the Persian Gulf, having borders with countries like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates as well as Yemen. The capital of this country is Muscat. Oman is a country that is popular due to its ancient aflaj oases irrigation system, adobe fortresses, many Mosques, terraced orchards, dhows, etc. If you want to check out this country, you will need to know about the Oman visit visa or tourist visa requirements.
Table of Contents
- There are only a few nationals that do not need a visa to enter Oman
- The other nationals have to apply for the visa
- The eVisa can be applied easily online with payment occurring here as well
What exactly is the Oman Tourist Visa
The Oman Tourist Visa can even be referred to as the Oman eVisa. It is an electronic travel authorization which lets citizens of the eligible countries travel to Oman. This will be for tourism purposes. This electronic visa was introduced by the government to simplify the tourist visa process for short stays.
There are some different types of Oman eVisa’s that can be found. These vary when it comes to length of stay as well as number of entries allowed.
Those who are eligible may complete the Oman visit visa onlineapplication then pay the visa fee using a credit or debit card to get the right Oman visa through email.
Does your country need a visa to Oman?
Most international travelers require a visa if they want to enter Oman because the Oman visa-free country list tends to be relatively short. Oman discontinued the Oman on arrival visa or Visa on Arrival in 2019. Therefore those foreign nations who will not be visa-exempt should apply for a travel permit prior to leaving for Oman.
The online visa or eVisa has made things simpler for visitors. It is easy to apply for this if you are from countries like Albania, Japan, United Kingdom, India, and many other countries.
The countries which are able to have visa-free travel are Qatar, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, as well as Bahrain. 48 Hours Transit Visa
It is necessary for visit visa holders to have the following documents with them when travelling to the country:
- A passport that is valid for 6 months after the arrival date
- A printed copy of your Oman travel visa
- Their return ticket
You should have these documents with you as immigration may require you to provide these at the time that you enter Oman.
Types of Oman online visas
Different types of Tourist eVisas are present which you may apply for. You should find out the type of visa you need. The different types are:
- Single-entry Visa (Tourist Visa) – Those who have this visa can enter the country once then stay for a maximum of 30 days. It is possible to extend the visa once for a maximum of 30 days.
- Multiple-entry Oman Tourist Visa – The visa lets you enter Oman multiple times within one year. When it comes to each stay, this can be for a maximum of 30 days. It is not possible to extend this visa.
- Single-entry Oman Tourist Visa for GCC residents – This visa is for those who have a GCC residence card. It allows one to have a single entry that is till 28 days. The visa can be extended once for a maximum of 7 days.
Documents needed for the Oman eVisa
It is necessary to have some travel documents so that you can meet Oman visit visa requirements. Those who do not apply with these should know that the visa application procedure can be slowed down. You have to give the below documents:
- A completed Oman Tourist Visa application form
- Passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months after the date of arrival in Oman
- Your recent passport-size photograph
- When applicable, supporting documents such as hotel bookings
- A credit or debit card so as to pay the visa fees
- It is recommended that travelers have health insurance
You may upload the documents in digital formal. It is not necessary for one to give paperwork at the Oman Embassy or Consulate. 14 Days Dubai Tourist Visa
How to apply for the Oman eVisa
It is simple to apply for the Oman eVisa. You can follow the below steps for Oman visit visa apply online:
- Get access to the Royal Oman Police or ROP website. This is where you will apply for the Tourist Visa by clicking the option to apply.
- Make an account by giving your email address, password, plus nationality. Verification of the account will have to be done via your email.
- Apply for the visa by clicking on the option. You have to give details such as your country of nationality.
- Select the visa that you wish to apply for.
- Begin the visa application procedure by providing the necessary details such as travel document information, your name, date of birth, previous visa details, etc.
- Attach all the needed travel documents such as passport, passport-size photo, along with any other needed documents.
- Pay the visa fees. The website has a secure way for one to pay.
The applications that are accepted, the individual will receive the eVisa on their website. You can print out the eVisa.
The Oman visit visa processing time is 24 hours. It is better to submit the application at least around 4 business days prior to when you intend to enter the country.
If you wish to extend the visa, you have to go to the ROP information counter located at Muscat International Airport. Keep in mind that only some types of tourist visas are extendable. An application fee in cash has to be paid for this.
If you need help applying for the Oman Tourist Visa, you can check out cheap dubai visa for instance. It is better to be prepared and have everything with you. Make sure that you have the correct visa before travelling to the country if you do not want to face problems at the airport. You can then enter the country and enjoy the wonders that it has.
For Apply Visa Visit: https://cheapdubaivisa.ae/