Qatar is famous for its sophistication along with hospitality. There is much to explore in the country which is indeed magnificent. This includes the towering and modernized Islamic architecture for instance. There are breathtaking beaches, many desserts, antique mosques, amongst other stuff that attracts tourists to want to visit Qatar. If you are planning to visit the country, you will want to know how to get tourist visa for Qatar. It is necessary to know what the requirements are for your nationality and fulfill these if you want to get a tourist visa. 48 hours transit visa.
- Nationals of some countries can enter Qatar without a tourist visa for a certain number of days
- Those whose country is not on the list can apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa
- It is possible to apply for the visa online
What is the Qatar tourist visa?
Table of Contents
If you are planning a trip to any country as a tourist, you will need to fulfill some formalities. Those wanting to travel to Qatar have to get a tourist visa to Qatar. The visa will let you visit Qatar for tourism. But, you need to keep in mind that a visa will not gurantee that you can enter Qatar. If the airport authorities see that there is any problem with the visa or with you, you may not get to enter the country.
Visitors from across the globe can enter Qatar either visa-free, or simply by filling out online applications. This depends upon the passport that the passenger is carrying.
Nationals coming from more than 90 countries can get a free visa on arrival within Doha. You will have to apply for a tourist visa if your country is not present on the list of eligible countries.
Visa-free entry countries
The nationals of the eligible countries will not have to have prior visa arrangements and can get the visa waver when they arrive in Qatar. They will have to show a valid passport that has a minimum validity of six months. They will even need to have a confirmed onward or even return ticket. The visitors who want to stay in Qatar will need to have a valid hotel booking for the number of days they wish to stay.
The visa-free nations will have a waiver for 180 days from the particular date of issuance. The holder can spend up till 90 days within Qatar. This can be in a single trip or upon multiple trips. For some countries the waiver will be valid for only 30 days. The waiver may get extended for another 30 days.
Requirements for tourist visa
When figuring out how to apply for Qatar tourist visa, you will need to know about the requirements for this visa. It is necessary to have a machine-readable individual passport that is valid for a minimum of six months. This will be from the date that you enter Qatar. You need to have the following apart from this:
- A confirmed return ticket
- Hotel bookings for how many days you want to stay
- A passport-size photo
GCC residents will even need to give:
- GCC residence visa
- GCC ID card
- A copy of the sponsor’s ticket plus passport (i.e. for GCC Nationals or Residents Companion Entry Permit)
A GCC resident may apply for visa on arrival when their profession is in the list of the eligible professions that can apply for this.
Cost of Qatar tourist visa
You will want to know about the cost of Qatar tourist visa before applying for it. The cost of the visa is around QAR 100 or USD 27 for the main applicant. For every accompanying individual, the cost will be QAR 50 or USD 1.50. The overstaying fine per day will be around QAR 200 or USD 55. Those who have a tourist visa are able to reside in Qatar for a maximum of 30 days upon a single trip. 96 Hours transit visa.
How to apply for the tourist visa online
You can apply easily for the tourist visa online. For this you can follow the following steps:
- Visit the Qatar Visa Service website. Here you will sign up and sign in with your email and password.
- There will be an online application form that you have to fill up. You will need to include basic details such as name, nationality, date of birth, your contact information, etc. The system will automatically choose your visa type which will be based on how many days you want to stay in Qatar according to your itinerary, nationality, plus country of residence.
- Upload the necessary documents which have been mentioned above.
- Pay the fees that has been stated and submit a request.
- You will get status updates via email. If you want to track the status of the visa, you can log in to the portal.
- The e-visa will be delivered to your email. The average time to get a response tends to be 48 to 96 hours from the time that all your documents have been received.
If you are travelling by Qatar Airways, you can apply for the visa from their website by clicking on “Apply for a visa” when you have logged in to “My Trips”. You will be automatically sent to the Qatar Visa Service website and can apply for the visa from here.
According to the country whose passport you hold, you need to know the rules of applying for a visa from that country. Know the Qatar visit visa requirements for this.
- You can make an application a maximum of 90 days and a minimum of 4 working days prior to travel.
- Kids who are endorsed on a parent’s passport will not be able to employ this service.
- Visa holders cannot work in Qatar whilst they are staying here.
The online visa portal does not require one to submit hard copy applications in person at some Immigration Office. The portal has special features for tourism businesses.
Qatar is a wonderful country to travel to if you want to explore mystical desserts and amazing architecture. However, if you want to enjoy your trip here, it is important that you know the tourist visa rules. If you do this, you will not have to face complications when you are at the airport. Have the right with you. You can check out voyageplantravel.com for help.